Monday, May 18, 2015

Fresh Faced










obagi producst c/o Prive Medspa Lexington, KY, chambray (Sundry c/o Omar + Elsie), jeans (7FAM, see SIMILAR ONLY $56!), pillows (Adele Lexington)


Talking all things skincare today, gang!  So let me preface this post with a little background on my mug....Born and raised in South Florida where I essentially lived on the boat and beach as a kid--so much so that at the age of 27, I was diagnosed with skin cancer (squamous) and then again at the age of 30 (basal)...on my scalp of all places.   Therefore, I am the absolute first to admit my skin could be so much better had I not lived in the sun as a kid---I wish I would have protected it more as I'm now battling the dreaded crow's feet and sun spots that plague my face on the reg.  B U T, with this all being said,  we gotta live in the present and focus on making the best of what we're working with, right?  Enter Prive Medspa.  I cannot begin to tell you how much I value Prive from their insanely qualified, professional, just down right fabulously personable staff to their technology and product knowledge.  They're legit, gang.  I love that we have candid convos about the state of the union with my skin, what my concerns and insecurities are, and how we can best tackle and zap the shit outta them!  After sitting down with the gals several months ago, we decided my biggest challenge were my spots and discoloration and the perfect remedy for this was a series of 3 IPL sessions coupled with a daily regime of Obagi-C and monthly chemical peels.   I have to tell you, I could not be more thrilled with the outcome....the pics above have Z I P makeup or touchups on them...all natural, gang. I've noticed a huge improvement in the texture of my skin---almost as though it's more supple and smooth....my spots have minimized like you wouldn't believe and it's as though I'm working with the best case scenario my skin has to offer---over the moon with the results!  
Lexingtonians, I truly cannot express enough how much I value the group at Prive--I highly recommend that you give them a go.  And if you're feeling a little gun shy, why not try their monthly membership which helps to keep us accountable for our skin care routine?  By signing up (only $59/month), you receive your choice of a monthly facial, microderm, or chemical peel as well as annual discounts.  20% off products either once or twice a year depending on the length of your membership, 10% off injectables, and 10% off lasers such as the IPL I received.  I'm telling you, the membership is the O N L Y way I stay accountable to my routine....have a little microderm today as a matter of fact.  Be sure to give the gals at Prive a buzz and they'll get you all set up!
Alright gang, cheers to a great start to your week---friendly little reminder to start wearing that daily SPF---sun is a shining brightly these days!  Make it a great one and feel free to shop my look below!


photos courtesy of Kristin Tatem

 photo SSsignature_zps8d928500.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG CREATED + DESIGNED BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL